Saturday, October 31, 2015

The War Room

Have you seen the new movie The War Room yet? My husband and I went and seen it last Sunday. All I can say is WOW! It is a real powerful movie. It is about fighting our battles in prayer! It so hit home for me. I hate to admit but my prayer life is not the best. Yes, I am a Christian, yes, I pray, yes, I read my bible! But, do I really take all my battles to God in prayer? NO!




It says in the Bible, "The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace." Exodus 14:14. Hmmmm! I seem to fail in this time and time again. I always seem to try to fight on my own. That is something I am trying to fix. I am trying to take all to the Lord and let him fight for me. I am not saying this is easy. It is hard! Hey, I am human! We think we know what is best, what needs to be done. But, in reality our Lord has a plan for our lives that is bigger and better than we could even fathom. 
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

I hope that you too will join with me in this journey in taking everything to the Lord in prayer. I am beginning a bible study starting next week on prayer. Each week I am going to blog about the things that I have learned. My hope in this is to help you as well. Who is with me? 
With that I leave you with this verse that was one of the many verses in the movie.
"But you, when you pray, Go into your inner room. Close your door, and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you." Matthew 6:6.
Till next week my sisters and brothers! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment