Monday, September 3, 2012

Homemade Yarn Using Old T-Shirts

It seems like ages since I last posted! I have done a lot of canning and sewing. Will post more about those in the days to come. I wanted to share how to make yarn using an old t-shirt.
First, find an old t-shirt.

Next, you are going to cut the bottom hem of the t-shirt. You don't need this. 

Now, you are going to cut 1/2 inch all the way around. It does not have to be exact just try to keep as close as you can. Keep cutting until you get to where the arms are. 
 





Now, you are going to stretch the fabric and start rolling into a yarn ball.


And Voila' you now have yarn! I will post some crafts to make with your new yarn in upcoming days! Hope you enjoy! Till next time have a blessed day!



2 comments:

  1. What a neat idea Heather! I've seen the scarfs out of old t-shirts but has no clue how they did it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you liked it! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete