Sunday, February 26, 2012

Homemade Laundry Detergent

Well the weather here is so crazy. Hot one day, cold the next. Can not wait until spring and summer. I hope everyone is having a peaceful Sunday. I made another batch of homemade laundry detergent. I have been using my homemade detergent for almost 9 months now. And I LOVE IT! It is so easy and cost so little. Below is how I make mine.
You will need:
* 1 bar of Zote or Fels Naptha Soap ( you can also use homemade soap or Dr. Bonner's)
* 1 Cup of Arm and Hammer Washing Soda (NOT baking soda)
* 1/2 Cup of Borax
* Hot Water


First place 4 cups of HOT water in a sauce pan and grate your bar of soap into the pan. Stir over medium high heat until the soap has dissolved.



Fill a 5-gallon bucket half full with HOT water. Add melted soap mixture, washing soda, and borax. Stir well until powder is dissolved.



Fill to the top with HOT water. Let it sit overnight to thicken. 


Stir in the morning and start to use. I fill my old detergent bottle with the detergent. I just shake it and pour 1 to 2 capfuls. (1/2 to 1 cup) All washers are different so experiment to see what is best for you. This is okay to use in HE washers. I know this because I have one. Well, voila' there you have it homemade laundry detergent. I hope you enjoy. Till next time hope you have a blessed day! 



No comments:

Post a Comment