Saturday, January 14, 2012

How to Make Homemade Applesauce

I was just so excited about trying to make homemade applesauce. I had done some research and it all said that this was like one of the easiest things to can. I had canned salsa before so I thought I would give this a try! I am so glad I did! It is by far one of the easiest things to can. Here is how I did it:
First, I used this handy gadget to cut and core my apples. I took the skins off my apples because they were not organic apples. But, you can leave the skins on!

Next, I put them in a big pot and put just enough water in them so they would not stick to the bottom and burn. I then cooked them till they were soft.



I then took my Ninja blender (but, you can use a blender, food processor, etc.) to blend the apples up till they were smooth and to the consistence that I wanted. I then put them in clean canning jars. I put new lids on making sure that the rims were free of any debris so that they will seal. I then put on the ring and tightened it.

I then water bathed them for 10 minutes to seal them. 


Once I took the jars out of the water bath I let them cool and made sure that they had sealed. Then put them in my pantry! This applesauce is so good! My nieces and nephews have already ate 2 jars of it! I am so glad they like it! Till next time hope you enjoyed this post and have a blessed day!

Disclaimer: This post is for informational purposes only! Please refer to your canning book for proper canning procedures and times! Happy Canning! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment