Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Etching

I hope everyone is having a great week. I was looking through some of my pictures and found some pictures I took etching. So, I decided to post it in hopes that you might like it. So here goes! I bought this etching cream at Hobby Lobby.

The next thing I bought was a glass container at the Dollar Store. I then cut a letter out of vinyl with my Cricut Machine. If you don't have a Cricut you can just use a pattern and cut it out of contact paper. I then put the vinyl on the glass container.

Next, I took a paintbrush and put the etching creme on the cut out. You want to cake it on there so that the etching comes out good. 

After that, you leave the etching cream on for 10 to 15 minutes. I found that leaving it on for 15 minutes worked better for me. But, whatever floats your boat. ;) When the 10 to 15 minutes has passed you rinse the jar off in warm water. Then peel the vinyl off and wipe off.

I taped a black piece of heavy paper in the inside to resemble a chalk board. I am going to fill these up for Valentine's Day for my son's teachers. If you are my son's teachers please act surprise! :) Here is a picture of both of the ones I made.

And Voila' there you have it your very own etched glass! Till next time hope you have a blessed day!



No comments:

Post a Comment